Amazon 728 X 90

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Lake Tulloch Summer 2004

I made a video/slide show of our trip to Lake Tulloch, Ca back in the summer of 2004. We enjoyed relaxing, tubing and wake boarding. It has a short video of some deer that wandered into our camp looking for a hand out. Pictures show a small spike that I am sure has been on someones dinner table by now.

I had seen deer eating marshmallows once before at Lake Davis so when I saw the deer mulling around our camp site, I grabbed the marshmallows and the camera and told the girls to follow. I threw a couple marshmallows to lure them. The small buck was a little timid as well he should be. His mom wasn't shy though. We all got to feed her and the pictures keep the memory fresh.

There are some photo's of some water sites that I recommend especially if you have a boat. Just make sure you call ahead to reserve them, perhaps a year in advance from what I recall. We parked our boat at the dock which wasn't bad, but you have no way of keeping an eye on it. The dock rocks about due the the waves of other boats, so make sure you bring extra bumpers.

One camper found an injured bird that took to him. Here is a photo of the bird sitting on his head. Not sure what eventually happened to the bird. You never know what can happen when you get out and see the world. We did some fishing, but had no luck as I recall. In fact I have never heard of Lake Tullock as being a fishing lake. Perhaps we just didn't use the right technique. It is great for camping and boating though. the sites are close together so you may be forced to get to know your neighbors whether you want to or not.

No comments: